Women, don’t just sit back and let your men take the lead when it comes to your financial future – it just isn’t a smart thing to do – so make your own budget and money saving plan and begin managing your personal finances.
I’m not saying the man in your life isn’t smart, or great, or untrustworthy – I’m saying – if you choose to sit back idly and leave your financial future in your guy’s hands – what are you going to do if something happens to him?
Managing Personal Finances
- What are you going to do if you end up in the majority – another statistic – another couple that ends up divorced?
- What if he makes a bad choice and you end up blaming him?
- At least if you do your research and make some or all of your own choices, you don’t end up playing the blame game.
Any good financial plan starts with recognizing and understanding your current financial situation, then developing a livable budget.
Just like with everything else in life, you have to begin at the beginning to create a strong foundation for your financial future.
Plus, you can’t save anything for your future if you aren’t even making ends meet in the first place, now.
Once you have created a livable budget and started the savings habit, you can tap into the knowledge a good financial analyst offers.
In addition to asking friends for names of their financial planners, check into the background of anyone you consider taking money advice from – look for a registered rep for financial planning, or a certified financial planner.
What Is a CFP
A CFP is certified financial planner, which means this person has:
- Taken a CFP-approved set of courses.
- Passed a ten hour exam, measuring his (or her) ability to translate financial planning problems to real-life cases.
- Three years previous financial planning experience (in order to become certified.)
- A certified financial planner must also pass a background check.
- Agreed to follow a professional code of ethics.
The key thing to take away from this post is, don’t blindly trust your financial future to anyone. Make your own budget and money saving plan, check the credentials of anyone you ask for financial planning help, and make sure the plan you create will give you the future you want.Google+